Last Updated April 23, 2013
1.2 Please review these Terms carefully before using the Services. By using any of the Services, you accept and acknowledge that your use of the Services is subject to these Terms and the laws of the Province of Ontario, and that you have had the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice regarding the same.
1.3 By using any of the Services, you accept and acknowledge that you are over the legal age of majority. If you are under the legal age of majority, you accept and acknowledge that your legal guardian or parent accepts these Terms, and all legal and financial responsibility and liability for your actions and hereby ratifies and confirms any of your acts while using the Services.
2.1 We may occasionally change these Terms, so we encourage you to review the Terms periodically. The most current version of the Terms (along with their effective date) will be linked from each of the Services. If you continue to use the Services after we change the Terms, you accept all changes.
2.2 The most current version of the Terms (along with its effective date), can be viewed at http://www.aeon-innovation.com/privacy/TOU.html
3.2 Additional terms may apply to your use of the Services. We will provide these terms to you or post them on the Services to which they apply; they are incorporated by reference into these Terms. If there is a conflict between these Terms and any additional terms that apply to a particular Service, the additional terms will control.
4 Registration and Access Controls
4.1 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login names and passwords and you accept responsibility for all activities, charges, and damages that occur under your account. You agree to notify Aeon Innovation immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to notify us of unauthorized use. We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Aeon Innovation or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
4.2 If we request registration information from you, you must provide us with accurate and complete information and must update the information when it changes. You may not access any age-restricted Services unless you are above the required age.
5 Intellectual Property: License
1) The content, information, data, designs, code, and materials associated with the Services (“Content”) are protected by intellectual property and other laws. You must comply with all such laws and applicable copyright, trademark or other legal notices or restrictions.
2) Subject to these Terms, you may access and use the Services only for your own personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all other rights to the Services and Content, and you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, or create derivative works of the Services or Content without our permission. You also may not transfer or sublicense this limited right to use the Services or resell the Services.
5.2 Viral Distribution
We may expressly authorize you to redistribute certain Content for personal, non-commercial use. We will identify the Content that you are authorized to redistribute and describe ways you may redistribute it (such as via email, blogs, or embedded players). We may revoke this authorization at any time. If you redistribute Content, you must be able to edit or delete such publicly posted Content and you must edit or delete it promptly upon our request.
5.3 Commercial Licenses
You must obtain our written permission for commercial use of the Content or the Services. If you wish to license Content from the Services, please contact us.
6.1 Some of the Services may allow you to submit or transmit audio, video, text, or other materials (collectively, “User Submissions”) to or through the Services. When you provide User Submissions, you grant to Aeon Innovation, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable license to use, distribute, edit, display, archive, publish, sublicense, perform, reproduce, make available, transmit, broadcast, sell, translate, and create derivative works of those User Submissions, and your name, voice, likeness and other identifying information where part of a User Submission, in any form, media, software, or technology of any kind now known or developed in the future, including, without limitation, for developing, manufacturing, and marketing products. You hereby waive any rights you may have in your User Submissions.
6.2 We respect your ownership of User Submissions. If you owned a User Submission before providing it to us, you will continue owning it after providing it to us, subject to any rights granted in the Terms and any access granted to others. If you delete a User Submission from the Services, our general license to that User Submission will end after a reasonable period of time required for the deletion to take full effect. However, the User Submission may still exist in our backup copies, which are not publicly available. If your User Submission is shared with third parties, those third parties may have retained copies of your User Submissions. In addition, if we made use of your User Submission before you deleted it, we will continue to have the right to make, duplicate, redistribute, and sublicense those pre-existing uses, even after you delete the User Submission. Terminating your account on a Service will not automatically delete your User Submissions.
6.3 We may refuse or remove a User Submission without notice to you. However, we have no obligation to monitor User Submissions, and you agree that neither we nor our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, or agents will be liable for User Submissions or any loss or damage resulting from User Submissions.
6.5 You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant to Aeon Innovation the license above and that none of your User Submissions are defamatory, violate any rights of third parties (including intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy), or violate applicable law.
8 Acceptable Use
8.1 The Services have been designed to present Content in a unique format and appearance. Unless we give you permission, you agree not to access the Services using any interface other than ours. We may deny permission to link to the Services for any reason in our sole discretion, and you must be able to edit or delete promptly links that you create, upon our request.
8.2 As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Aeon Innovation server, or the network(s) connected to the Aeon Innovation server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Aeon Innovation Server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
8.3 Without limiting any other provision in these Terms, you may not use the Services to do the following or assist others to do the following:
• Threaten, defame, stalk, abuse, or harass other persons or engage in illegal activities;
• Link to the Services from a site or transmit any material that is inappropriate, profane, vulgar, offensive, false, disparaging, defamatory, obscene, illegal, sexually explicit, racist, that promotes violence, racial hatred, or terrorism, or that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable;
• Frame the Services, display the Services in connection with an unauthorized logo or mark, or do anything that could falsely suggest a relationship between Aeon Innovation and any third party or potentially deprive us of revenue (including, without limitation, revenue from advertising, branding, or promotional activities);
• Violate any person's or entity's legal rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, and publicity rights), transmit material that violates or circumvents such rights, or remove or alter intellectual property or other legal notices;
• Transmit files that contain viruses, spyware, adware, or other harmful code;
• Advertise or promote goods or services without our permission (including, without limitation, by sending spam);
• Interfere with others using the Services or otherwise disrupt the Services;
• Transmit, collect, or access personally identifiable information about other users without the consent of those users and Aeon Innovation;
• Engage in unauthorized spidering, “scraping,” or harvesting Content, contact or other personal information, or use any other unauthorized automated means to compile information;
• Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or the origin of materials you transmit; or
• Defeat any access controls, access any portion of the Services that we have not authorized you to access (including password-protected areas), link to password-protected areas, attempt to access or use another user’s account or information, or allow anyone else to use your account or access credentials.
8.4 The Services may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a “Communication Service” and collectively “Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send, and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
• Use the Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
• Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material, or information;
• Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, or software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
• Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
• Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or program that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
• Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allows for such messages;
• Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
• Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
• Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services;
• Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service;
• Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses;
• Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
• Create a false identity for the purposes of misleading others;
• Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof;
8.5 Aeon Innovation has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Aeon Innovation reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Aeon Innovation reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
8.6 Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself in any Communication Services. Aeon Innovation does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, Aeon Innovation specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services. Managers and hosts are not authorized Aeon Innovation spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Aeon Innovation.
8.7 Materials uploaded to the Communication Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
9 Site Access: Account Deletion
9.1 We may take any of the following actions in our sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you prior notice:
• Restrict or terminate your access to the Services;
• Change or discontinue the Services;
• Deactivate your accounts and delete all related information and files in your accounts;
9.2 We will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions and we will not be limited to the remedies above if you violate these Terms.
9.3 If you do not agree to these Terms, you should immediately stop using the Services . If you want to delete your account on a Service, please use contact instructions posted on the Service at which you obtained the account. Any User Submissions you made while using the Services will continue to be governed by Section 6 of these Terms.
9.4 Sections 6 and 13-17 of these Terms will survive any termination of your access to the Services, whether we terminate your access or you voluntarily discontinue your use.
10 Interaction with Other Users
In no event shall Aeon Innovation be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other persons you meet through the Services. You agree to take all reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the service, particularly if you decide to meet in person.
11 Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that any material or content distributed by Aeon Innovation constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our website; your address, telephone number and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Aeon Innovation, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and the directors, officers, employees, shareholders, vendors, partners, contractors, agents, licensors or other representatives of each of them and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Aeon Innovation Parties”) with respect to all claims, costs (including attorney’s fees and costs), damages, liabilities, and expenses or obligations of any kind, arising out of or in connection with your use or misuse of the Services (including, without limitation use of your account, whether or not authorized by you, and claims arising from User Submissions). Aeon Innovation retains the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any claim subject to indemnification, and in such cases you agree to cooperate with us to defend such claim. You may not settle any claim covered by this Section 11 without Aeon Innovation’s prior written approval.
13 Disclaimers: Limitation of Liability
THE AEON INNOVATION PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT: (1) THAT THE SERVICES, ANY OF THE SERVICES’ FUNCTIONS OR ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (2) THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (3) THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVERS HOSTING THEM ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE; OR (4) THAT THE SERVICES OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE. THE AEON INNOVATION PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TITLE. THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, AND FUNCTIONS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH OR SENT FROM THE SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.”
THE AEON INNOVATION PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR YOUR USER SUBMISSIONS, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF ONE OR MORE OF THE AEON INNOVATION PARTIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, BUT EXCLUDING WILLFUL MISCONDUCT) UNLESS SPECIFIED IN WRITING. THE AEON INNOVATION PARTIES’ LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR YOUR USER SUBMISSIONS FOR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO AEON INNOVATION IN THE THREE MONTHS PRECEEDING THE CLAIM.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY OF THE CONTENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING THE SERVICES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES THAT ARISE OUT OF THE AEON INNOVATION PARTIES’ ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, ARE NOT IRREPARABLE AND ARE NOT SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF RESTRICTING EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, TELEVISION SHOW, MOTION PICTURE, OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE AEON INNOVATION PARTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE SERVICES (INCLUDING THOSE INCORPORATING USER SUBMISSIONS).
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE UNKNOWN OR ARE UNSUSPECTED. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE BENEFIT OF ANY LAW THAT OTHERWISE MIGHT LIMIT YOUR WAIVER OF SUCH CLAIMS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14 Governing Law; Venue; and, Jurisdiction
14.1 These Terms and all claims arising from or related to your use of the Services will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
14.2 With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration (as set forth below), you agree to exclusive jurisdiction in the Provincial and Federal courts in Ontario. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, we may seek injunctive or other equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction.
14.3 Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, you must file any claim or action related to use of the Services or these Terms within one year after such claim or action accrued. Otherwise, you will waive the claim or action.
15.1 We may elect to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Services by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the Commercial Arbitration Act , R.S.C. 1985 c. 17 and any regulation made thereunder. Unless we establish a different location, arbitration hearings will be held in Ontario. The arbitrator’s award will be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
We may be required by Provincial or Federal law to notify you of certain events. You hereby acknowledge and agree that such notices will be effective upon our posting them on our sites or delivering them to you via email. You may update your email address by visiting the Services where you have provided contact information. If you do not provide us with accurate information, we will not be responsible for failure to notify you. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms, including all additional terms, conditions, and policies on the Services, constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior agreements with respect to the subject matter hereof. In the event that any provision of these Terms is found to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such finding will not affect any other provision of these Terms which will continue to be in full force and effect.
17 Copyright Notice
© 2013 Aeon Innovation, all rights reserved.