Last Updated May 1, 2013
2.1 Information you provide directly to an Aeon Innovation Service . You are not required to provide information about yourself when you use an Aeon Innovation Service. We may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly interact with an Aeon Innovation Service including, but not limited to:
· Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
· User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
· Age and date of birth;
· Other demographic information, such as gender and occupation;
· Information for a public profile, such as your interests and the address of your website;
· Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
· Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
· Correspondence you send to us; and,
· Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person from statistics or other forms).
2.2 Information that may be automatically collected by Aeon Innovation Services , including, but not limited to:
· Your browser type and operating system;
· Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
· Sites you visited before and after visiting an Aeon Innovation Service;
· Webpages and advertisements you view and links you click on within an Aeon Innovation Service;
· Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
· Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to and viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and,
· Standard server log information.
2.3 Information we may obtain while our services process competitive shooting Match information. The information we collect during this process will be gathered either directly from you or from third parties to whom you have provided your information. The type of information we collect will depend on the type of competition being processed; the specifics of the competitors’ participation in the competition; and, the services being used. For example, information listed under subsections 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 would only be collected in order to facilitate the organization of an IPSC Level IV or Level V competition. We have grouped information that is possibly collected into subsections of intended purpose that includes, but is not limited to:
1) Competitor Specific Information (irrespective of competition Level):
· Full name
· Date of birth
· Country of residence
· Match attendance and registration details (Division; Power Factor; Squadding; Teaming; etc.)
· Match scoring information
· Performance assessments (rankings; classifications; etc.)
· Shooting club affiliation
· Qualifications (NROI; IROA; VIP)
2) Contact Information (irrespective of competition Level):
· Email address
· Phone numbers (home; mobile; alternate)
· Complete mailing address (only if absolutely required)
3) Firearm Import; Re-Export; and, Transportation Information (IPSC Level IV & V competitions):
· Passport details (full name; citizenship; passport number; issue & expiry dates)
· Firearms to be transported (makes; models; serial numbers; and, calibres)
· Details regarding point of entry and exit from hosting country
· Details regarding delegate transportation of firearm(s) & ammunition, if applicable
· Type and amount of ammunition being imported, if applicable
4) Accommodation Information (IPSC Level IV & V competitions):
· Attendance to awards banquet (including number of guests)
· Purchase of Match provided ammunition
· Transportation between accommodation and range (e.g. shuttle bus service)
· Use of provided firearm storage, if applicable
2.5 Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Aeon Innovation Services. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and sites (for example, on our pages on Facebook), and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
· Your interests and purchase behaviour;
· Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
· Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
3.1 We only use payment information, such as credit card numbers for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners), or as otherwise required by law.
3.2 Information detailed in subsection 2.3 is collected to fulfil administrative tasks and evaluate competitor performance and as such may be used for, inter alia:
· Administer and organize competition activities.
· Score; rank; benchmark; classify; and, otherwise evaluate competitor performance.
· Facilitate and coordinate communications between competitors; Regional Directors; Match Directors; and, Match Organizers.
· Simplify and streamline future data processing efforts.
3.3 We generally use other information we collect about you to:
· Fulfil your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
· Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, and message boards;
· Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of Aeon Innovation, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
· Analyse use of Aeon Innovation Services and information about visitors to our websites to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
· Customize the content you see when you use an Aeon Innovation Service;
· Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
· For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent; and,
· We may provide your personal information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our websites (i.e. payment processors, website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limited the use of such information.
4.1 We are committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. Aeon Innovation will never sell your contact information. The following provides you with a general guidance of how we use personal information:
· Information that will be displayed to the public through our Services:
o Given and family name
o User created identity and/or aliases
o Country of residence
o Match participation
o Match scoring; ranking; and, other performance assessments
· Information that will be disclosed to IPSC: Regional Directors; Match Directors; Match Organizers; and, their delegates:
· Contests or promotions. When you choose to enter a contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfilment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
· Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose. This clause simply means that certain types of information will be shared with services that we use to support the Aeon Innovation Services including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and Microsoft Windows Azure.
· Business transfers . We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of an Aeon Innovation Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
· Legal requirements . We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
4.2 Please note that we may share information with advertisers. We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings. This sharing of anonymized or aggregated information will not include information that could be used to individually identify you.
5.1 You can choose to enjoy content and features belonging to Aeon Innovation Services without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered by Aeon Innovation Services.
5.2 You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular Aeon Innovation Service by following the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the Aeon Innovation Services, such as service announcements.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information using an Aeon Innovation Service. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your private information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable, technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Aeon Innovation is headquartered in Canada and has affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of one or more Aeon Innovation Service may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to Canada or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in another country may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating with any Aeon Innovation Service or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
9 Access to Personal Information Held
Most Aeon Innovation Services are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13, without their legal guardian or parents’ consent. Some Aeon Innovation Services may ask for a birthdate to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken in connection with information collected from children under 18. In those instances where an Aeon Innovation Service has actual knowledge that it collects information from or offers a service directed toward children as defined under applicable laws, it will comply with those laws. A minor who provides an Aeon Innovation Service personal information hereby warrants that they do so with the express consent of their legal guardian or parent(s).
1120 Finch Avenue West, Suite 701 – 944
Toronto, Ontario M3J 3H7